Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Program to replace partslist attribute with a different attribute

My company is in the process of moving to a managed environment for our NX files.  BOMs on our drawings use the attribute <W$=@$PART_NAME_CORE> for the description.  Importing these CAD files into our managed system requires changing the filename which messes up the BOM partslist on the drawing.  

Does anyone have a program or utility that would allow me to replace any occurrence of <W$=@$PART_NAME_CORE> with <W$=@NEW_ATTRIBUTE>?  I tried this in GRIP (the only NX language I know), but was not able to make it work.  

Allen Heindel
Crown Equipment Corporation
4 REPLIES

Re: Program to replace partslist attribute with a different attribute

Frank,

Thanks.  That's a nice bit of code, and it does a great job replacing text that is a standard note on the drawing.  But it wouldn't change the entries inside the partslist.

Any other thoughts?

Allen

Allen Heindel
Crown Equipment Corporation

[ Edited ]

For what I think you want the programs that cowski1 suggested are realy not relevant.

Can you provide us with a small demo part.  I would be happy to look at creating a suitable journa.

By the way I do need to know which NX version you are using.  If you are using NX8.5 or later we could have a problem.  Anyway let us try.

Frank Swinkels 

If you are dealing with a parts list, select the column of interest, go into the column settings, and change the default text to point to your new attribute. When you OK/close the dialog, it should update all the entries in the column.