Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Programming sequential notes and balloons

Hey all,

Im in the process of labeling a 40 page drawing with over 1000+ components. Im looking to speed up the labeling process which is in the format of notes. Heres an example of what the first and second component will show. Basically a boxed note with 2 lines for handwritten text for the shopfloor.

<&70><+>C001<+><&80><+> <+><&80><+> <+><&90>

<&70><+>C002<+><&80><+> <+><&80><+> <+><&90>

What im hoping to get some insight from you guys is actual code or the best way to go about programming this. Im somewhat familiar with C/C++ but 4 years out of touch so a little rusty im sure.  Anyways how can i automate this process so for every note after these ill always pick the next number in the sequence C003, 004,005 etc.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES

Re: Programming sequential notes and balloons

I'm unsure of what you want the program to do. Perhaps if you describe your desired workflow in detail it may help to spark ideas.

If the program is creating the notes, you could simply increment a counter variable after each note is created and use the counter value for the next note.

It might be easier to do this using tabular notes

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

weldmapexample.PNG

Maybe this will help clarify. Each piece of pipe and component needs a label. With over 600 components, im looking to automate this process of copying each note and renumbering. Hence the sequential notes and balloons programming in the title. Would tabular notes auto tag each component to a new number?

You would have to write some automation around it, but as you're doing it anyhow, you can set each with a different number.

However, I'm not sure how you can add a leader to a tabular note.

Another possibility presents itself...

(Thinking as I type...)

Maybe it would be easier to put a parts list on the drawing, and then balloon the parts.

Then query each balloon (location on part it points to, Item number, balloon location, etc.).

Now you have:

- location for leader to point to

- Unique ID

- location for note itself

- possibly other info

Then get rid of parts list & balloons.

Now you can add your notes.  Format unique ID as needed for note text.  Set note location from balloon location.  Set leader end point from balloon leader end point.

This would save you a LOT of "figuring out".

If you set the balloon properties correctly (shape to rectangle, & rectangle size) it could come out "pretty close".

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled