Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released Status using NXOpen

Builder
Builder

Hi,

How do i get the workflow status of a Item_Revision from Teamcenter using NXOpen (UGmanager Mode).

Just for example i have released the ITEM_REVISION 000016 with revision A.

TC.PNG

When i do File->Open (Connected mode with Teamcenter) and select the ITEM_REVISION, i can see the status in the table as well as in the properties on the right hand side (as shown below).

NX.PNG

I am trying to extract the workflow status using NXOpen. Is there any API which i can use.

Note: The workflow status is not mapped to NX Attrbiutes.

Regards,
Santosh
22 REPLIES

Re: Released Status using NXOpen

Builder
Builder

You can try using invoke PDM server call. you can find it in UF_UGMGR.h

Regards,
ECR
PradeepECR
NX7.5 TC8/ NX9.0.2.5 TC10.2

Builder
Builder

Hi Pradeep,

To use the PDM Server Call, i need to call an ITK program, which will again be a dependancy to the NXOpen program. And also i am not sure on how to call the PDMServer.

Is there any example you can provide me with ?

Regards,
Santosh

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Look at what else is available in UF_UGMGR.h

Also look in the NX API docs to see if there is another class heirarchy that is available in  the common API (something beyond the wrapped UF_UGMGR code).

If what you want to do is not available ther, you will have to use the calls to invoke an ITK program to get the data you need & return it to your NX API program.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please search the solution center for "Sample NX Open .NET C# program : report whether the work part has been released in TCIN mode", or "nx_api5412".

The example program includes this note:

"It is not possible to determine what a Part's Release Status is specifically, but you can use the PdmSearch class to check for each possible Release Status.  If all of the checks come back false, then the part does not "have Status"."

Builder
Builder

Hi Ken,

I couldn't find anything in the uf_ugmgr.h to interact with the Teamcenter.

As Steve suggested, the pdmsearch might give the released status, but i read in another post that this process of using PDMSearch is very slow.

So i think, pdmserver is the only way to get such kind of data from teamcenter which is not available on NX side.

Steve : I need the workflow status, irrespective of released/work in progress/pending/etc (Anything the ITEM_REV is currently) in Can you share that link if you have ?

Regards,
Santosh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

Then just enter this in the search field:  nx_api5412

Builder
Builder

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the link. I am not sure why "TCM Released" is being searched, is that a predefined workflow state for released item_rev.

i have done most of my programming on NX side, this is the first time i am trying to do something with teamcenter other than just opening and doing some basic extraction.

But still i wonder how NX is able to get the workflow. This has to be somewhere in the session of the part information which NX is reading. 

Regards,
Santosh

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Guessing...

Yes, the TCM_released is a specific status.

You'd have to loop thru all the statuses (stati?) possible in your environment.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Builder
Builder

Considering your guess as right, looping through all the statuses is again an ITK program or is there a way through NXOpen?

But still i wonder how NX is getting the information ?

If you look at the image i posted it a default behaviour,No attribute is mapped from teamcenter to NX and vice versa.

Regards,
Santosh