Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove blends from body

Builder
Builder
Hey guys,

How would you remove blends of a body that are under a certain radius in nx open? I am curently using NX 8

Thank you!
7 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Remove blends from body

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Use Syncronous Technology

Barry Waldie

Builder
Builder
What is that? I forgot to mention this, but I'm currently working with NX8

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If it is not programmatically then use

'Delete Face' command from 'Synchronous Modeling' group.

Either use command finder or from the menu bar, Insert > Synchronous Modeling > Delete Face.

Once 'Delete Face' dialog is active, you can use 'Connected Blend Faces' or 'All Blend Faces' from the selection filter as per your need.

Builder
Builder
Im sorry I didnt clarify, but I'm trying to write a user function in c++ to do so.

Siemens Phenom

In the .NET world, the things you need are NXOpen.Features.DeleteFaceBuilder, and NXOpen.Features.DeleteFace. The same objects/methods are available from C++; only the syntax is different.

Delete some blends interactively, and record a journal. The recorded code will probably be very long, but it will show you how to use the DeleteFace functions.

山田
yamada

Builder
Builder
So I have been tryingto use that function, deleteFaceBuilder, however, when it encounters a object on which it doesnt succeed to delete a face, it crashes and doesnt delete any of the faces on that object, even ones it would normally succeed on. Is there any way around this problem?

Siemens Phenom

The attached should be a good start.  You'll need to add the part that checks the radius.

It does this:

Pick a body.

Get all the features of the body.

For each feature, does the sysname include "Blend"?  If so, put it on a list.

Starting with the most recent blend feature, delete them all, one at a time.

Update the model.