cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running vb journal from Linux

Creator
Creator

Hi all

Im trying to run an NX session in background In linux .but im unable to find linux equivalent to "run journal.exe" command which i used to run NX background session in windows system

can anyone tell me what command i should call to run a journal in batch mode in a linux system?

7 REPLIES

Re: Running vb journal from Linux

I think you can not use 'run journal.exe' on linux platform as it needs the Microsoft .Net framework which is not available for the linux.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Creator
Creator
is there any alternate method to run UG in background along with script?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Python journals can be executed on Linux via run_journal

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:tools_jrn_runexternal_ht

VC# and VB are not available on Linux as they are .NET

Java and C/C++ cannot be run as a journal on any platform - they always need to be compiled.

Phenom
Phenom

"VC# and VB are not available on Linux as they are .NET"

Microsoft released a version of .net that runs on linux and mac. The current versions of NX probably don't support it yet, but I hope future versions will.

Creator
Creator
if i compile the same VB code using NX open author license in Visual studio..will i be able to run it in Linux?

Phenom
Phenom

arifp60 wrote:
if i compile the same VB code using NX open author license in Visual studio..will i be able to run it in Linux?

If you mean "will a .dll or .exe compiled on Windows work on Linux", I'm 95% sure the answer is "no".

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

No. .dll or .exe compiled on one platform will not work on another platform.