Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAP and UI Block Groups

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is it possible to group more than a single UI Block using the SNAP UI blocks? Most of the UI blocks have a .BeginGroup property, but I would like to group several blocks together. I tried creating a block as:

grpEdit = New SNAP.UI.Block.Group

but this is not accessable in this context as it is a Friend. Is this possible without using the Block UI Styler and having a seperate dlx file?

3 REPLIES

Re: SNAP and UI Block Groups

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you set the BeginGroup property of a block to True, then that block will become the start of a new group. The blocks following it will belong to this new group, too.

To be honest, I haven't tried this lately. I'll give it a try and post example code tomorrow.

I assume you're using a Snap.UI.BlockForm for your dialog. Is that right?

山田
yamada

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, I am using Snap.UI.BlockForm to build my dialog. I really like building simple dialogs with SNAP So I thought I would try my hand at something a little more complex this time. My goal was to have 3 Groups of 3 to 10 Blocks each without having to keep a dlx file. Ultimately I would like to have those 3 Groups grouped as well, but I am trying baby steps first.

-Group(Main)

-Things

-Group(Options)

-Option Group 1

-Option Set 

-Option Group 2

-Option Set

-Option Group 3

-Option Set

Similar to this from the Rapid Dimension Tool:

Similar to this...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

After a bit of investigation, I realised that Groups are not supported on BlockForms. As I recall, we found that implementing Groups would require a lot more effort, and BlockForms were only intended for simple dialogs, so we didn't do the work.

You are welcome to submit an ER, of course. But, given that it's not so easy to implement, it won't float to the top of the ROI list unless a few other people request it, too.

At the very least, this limitation should be documented. My apologies for that. I'll fix it.

山田
yamada