Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

STEP Export

Hello,

STEP Export works with NX 8.5, but not in NX 10.0.3. How to proceed. I need help.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES

Re: STEP Export

Is this a "programming NX" question or a "general use of NX" question?

If it is a programming question, do you get errors? Have you tried recording a journal in NX 10?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.I got problem in both.First ,Step export in Siemens NX10.0 is not working.I tried through File-->Export-->Step214....It simply shows prompt window with header "STEP 214 Export" and asks to press some button.If i press any button ,the window vanishes and no .stp file created.The same happened when tried via translators.

I recorded the journal ,I tried the same through nxopen.Net programming ,the same happened.I didn't get any error.I checked the UGII_tmp_dir points to the directory where the STEP214UG folder presents.

Thanks.

Carefully read the text in the window before the "press any button" bit. It sounds similar to what happens when NX cannot access a translator license. The text in the window may give you a clue.

Hello,

Thanks. I find only this text in the window"Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste...".When I press window vanishes.Can you please explain me about translators license.How can i find whether Iam having or not. I have only .NET author license.

Vielen Dank.

Set this variable:  UGS_LICENSING_NOTE=ON

Start NX10, load your part.

File -> Export -> Step... whatever you have to do to get the error.

Then Help -> Log File.  Search for the word error.  You might find a good clue!  If not, please log an IR with your local GTAC office, and provide the log - they should be able to help you sort it out.

That variable shown above will write extra information to the log file about licenses that NX is trying to use, so if it is a licensing issue, that should help to isolate it.

Hello,

I will try. Thanks

Another way would be to check the licenses from the NX command line prompt using:

rem change into the license management folder of NX
cd /d %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugf*

rem for NX 9 and above use
lmutil lmstat -i -c %SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER% | findstr /i step

rem for NX 8.5 and below use
lmutil lmstat -i -c %UGS_LICENSE_SERVER% | findstr /i step
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community