Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Select Part from List block question

I have a Block Styler application that has a Select Part from List block in it and it looks as if the Loaded Parts list is automatically sorted alphabetically by default. I would like the array of tagged objects to be in either the order I pick them or based on the sort order in the Assembly Navigator. Is this possible or am I stuck with what the block produces by default? Below is the snippet of code that gets the selected parts.

Dim theParts() As TaggedObject = selectPart0.GetProperties.GetTaggedObjectVector("SelectedObjects")

NX 9.0

VB.Net

2 REPLIES

Re: Select Part from List block question

Starting with NX 8 you no longer need the GetProperties method, there is a SelectedObjects method, just if you didn't know.

I think the list order can be specified, when you define the block properties in block styler.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Select Part from List block question

Well unfortunately I was unable to find and option to change the sort order of the block in the block styler application. I know that there is no event handler such as OnClick or OnSelect that is generated for the block that would capture the selection or at least I have not found it yet. Is it possible to capture the list of items as they are being selected and create my own list from that? I am needing my list of selected items to be be sorted by their selection order rather that the numerically sorted list generated after selecting the OK button? 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Scott

NX 9.0

VB.Net