cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of edges in drawing NX 10

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello,

I have some utils done for earlier NX versions where was possible to select edges in drawing view. I was then able to find faces from edge and so on. Now in NX 10 there are entities named "Drafting Line (Extracted Edge)" in drawing views but I cannot find any reference to original edge. Is there any possibility how to find original edge?

Regards,

Jara

4 REPLIES

Re: Selection of edges in drawing NX 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

In NX 8.5 onwards, by default the view representation is set to "Exact Imported" view, where will get only  "Drafting Line (Extracted Edge)" in views whith no link with the edges.

So you have to select either Exact (Pre-NX 8.5) or Lightweight Imported as a view representation which provides edges for selection from view. This view representation can set while placing the view (right click -> setting -> configuration -> representation).

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks

Shivaji

Solution Partner Pioneer
Thank you for answer.
I will try it.

Regards,
Jara

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you are doing this in a program, you might need these two functions, which were introduced in NX9.0.3 specifically to help you get the original from the entity in the drawing member view:

UF_DRAW_ask_drafting_curve_type

UF_DRAW_ask_drafting_curve_parents

Please see the Open C Reference for complete information.  They are also wrapped for use in the NXOpen .Net kits.

Solution Partner Pioneer
Thank you Steve.
I checked it and it works.

Regards,
Jara