Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Eclipse NXOpen Python Development Environment

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi there,

I have been trying to get IntelliSense to work in my Python NX Open program, but with no success.   This is what I did.

1. Installed Python 3.6.1  64 Bit    ( I tried with 3.7.1 too during my first attempt.  3.6.1 is my last attempt as 3.6.1 is mentioned in NX Documentation)

2. Installed Eclipse   2019-03  Version.   eclipse-jee-2019-03-R-win32-x86_64.zip  ( Also tried with 2018-12)

3.  PyDev is added using 'Add new software' in Eclipse thru https://dl.bintray.com/fabioz/pydev/7.2.0/   ( the Link which is basically www.pydev.org/updates)

4. Added set UGII_BASE_DIR=<base dir for NX install>    &  set PYTHONPATH=%UGII_BASE_DIR%\nxbin\python  variables.

5. Added NXPython Interpreter as shown in the image   ( Libraries including  Pydevd.py,nxbin/python, All python installation folders)

6. Changed the Eclipse perspective to PyDev

7. Created new PyDev Project.

8. Added new PyModule to create PY file.

9.  Typed the following

'''

Created on Mar 27, 2019

@author: Len

'''

import NXOpen

theSession  = NXOpen.Session().GetSession();

It doesn't give me any IntelliSense. As well as it says "Undefined variable from ImportSmiley Frustratedession"  for  Session().

Please let me know how to set my Eclipse to write Python programs. I am new to Python and have been tried set up, but with  no success.

Note:  2 images will be attached.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Setting Up Eclipse NXOpen Python Development Environment

Pioneer
Pioneer

forgot to mention..I am working in NX12.0.2

Re: Setting Up Eclipse NXOpen Python Development Environment

Creator
Creator

I am trying to use eclipse with NXOpen with python. and I justed the same question in the forum. Did you solved the issue? can you please share if you did?