Then added my role to share, into the folder:

RolesDirectory.jpg

What did I miss?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Shared Roles

Did you want to make it the default?

Set the ENV variable (see "NOTE" section)

HOWEVER (assuming NX10 works the same as NX7.5) the default roles is ONLY used when a user doesn't already have a user.mtx file (and/or registry) already existing in their "user level" customization folder.

If they do they have to manually select the role to use it.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

The way I was reading it, I could create a group of "shared" or "company" defaults, along with the User, and System.   Now it appears this replaces the System roles.

SystemRoles.JPG

-Dave

[ Edited ]

Dave,

It does not replace your System Defaults.

When you start NX10 or NX11 OOTB, you dont have the System Default folder in the Roles tab.

You can edit the name of the Tab it goes into, by editing the header of your role.

<NX_PROFILES name="WORKSPACE_12_16_2015_09_12_54_1267018323" title="My Role" category="My Group">

title = the name of the Role

category = the Section it goes into.

To get a default role, the variable is correct, but you must delete the user.mtx from the user folder to get that default role.

The second time the user starts, the new user.mtx will contain the new role, but edits of the user are kept on top of that.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Note that customer defaults "add" (from site to group to user), so you can have multiple levels and use data from each.

For roles, while you can store multiple in the different "levels", you can only load ONE (i.e. if you load a site role, then you load a group role, the group role completely over-rides ALL the site role settings).

At least I think that's how it works.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I edited that line in the role in my new "shared roles" directory, as shown:

<NX_PROFILES name="WORKSPACE_07_31_2014_10_03_54_2062112897" title="DaveK NX11" catagpry="Shared Roles">

But I still don't get a tab for the "shared roles", and my shared role is still the only role under the "system" tab.

SharedRoles.jpg

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what the help file is trying to say....maybe it's time for a GTAC interpretation.

SharedRole.JPG

-Dave
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎09-20-2016 12:57 PM

Hello Dave,

Check your code please:

<NX_PROFILES name="WORKSPACE_07_31_2014_10_03_54_2062112897" title="DaveK NX11" catagpry="Shared Roles">

The typo is likely te cause.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Good catch!

That said, IR 7811556 has led me to the understanding that the "Content" and "Presentation" folders contain the default roles, that were in "System Defaults" in NX 9.  The name change had me a bit confused too.

Thanks Gerritt!!

-Dave