Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Show temporary sphere

Hi All,

Is there any functions can show a set of temporary small spheres on faces without create Sphere feature, the output look like using Information->point->point on face?

Thanks

Terry

7 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author terchan1
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Show temporary sphere

You probably want to use UF_DISP_display_temporary_point() and pass UF_DISP_CIRCLE as the final parameter. This will display a temporary circle point marker, but if I recall correctly, as you rotate the view it always shows as a circle (so appears to be a sphere).

Other point types you might try are:

UF_DISP_FILLED_CIRCLE

UF_DISP_HOLLOW_CIRCLE

Note that the information above is for the old UFUNC function. I have a feeling there is no NXOpen equivalent, so you'll probably have to use the wrapper for it.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author terchan1
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

[ Edited ]

This won't help you, for now, but in NX10, there is a Snap.Draw.DrawMarker function that makes it easy to draw temporary things. An excerpt from the documentation is shown below. The names used in UF_DISP_display_temporary_point are similar, so this might help you find symbols that you like. As Graham said, FilledCircle looks somewhat like a sphere.

山田
yamada

Thanks all, UF_DISP_display_temporary_point() with filled circle is good enough for me.

Smiley Happy

However, what is the size of this circle? I would make a filled circle just touch on surface.

Thanks

Terry

Hmm. Not sure if you can determine the exact size these things get displayed at.
Another option is to use UF_DISP_display_temprary_arc(). You can then define the centre, start/end angles and radius. If you specify 0/360 as the start/end angle it will be a circle, but not a filled circle.
I suppose you could display a series of circles this way with decreasing radii to generate a filled circle. These things display pretty fast, so you shouldn't see too much flickering etc.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Thanks Graham~

The "markers" like FilledCircle are a fixed size in pixels, so you can't really make them touch a surface. As you zoom in, the screen distance between the marker center and the surface will get larger, but the marker diameter will stay the same. If you want something that gets bigger as you zoom in, then you need to use geometry, like the circles that Graham suggested, or a blob of lines.

山田
yamada