Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet error

Creator
Creator

I've used the Excel Spreadsheet on the Tools Tab alot in the past. And it's always worked well. But recently when I try to access it I get this error, "Failed to connect to Excel events", does anyone know how to fix this? Some of my co-workers get this and some have no problem. I'm running NX10.0.3.5 MP4 and Teamcenter 10. Also I'm using Excell 2010.

Thanks, Steve

7 REPLIES

Re: Spreadsheet error

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In some cases Excel must be started before it can be connect to from within NX.

There seems to be no fix for this.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Creator
Creator

I just tried this in both native and teamcenter mode and got the same error. Is there something in customer defaults that needs to be turned on or off? Do I need to upgrade Excel to 2013 or 2016? Is there something in Excel that I need to turn off?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you start Excel from the Windows start menu, is there any dialog displayed indicating a problem?

Are there any Excel add-ons that need a long time to load?

Generally there is nothing to install or change inside of NX or Excel. The customer defaults should be set to use Excel as the spreadsheet application by default.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Creator
Creator

Hi Stefan,

I don't get any errors when I start Excel from the start menu and it loads pretty fast so I don't think any add-ons are the problem. I thouhgt that maybe there was a file missing or some setting in Excel was changed so I reloaded Excel 2010 but I still get the same error. Now I'm saving these spreadsheets in the prt file in Teamcenter 10. So is there a way I can access these spreadsheets in Teamcenter? 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you start Excel manually before you are trying to launch it through NX, does that work?

Generally I hate Excel and I hate NX being dependent on Excel, this makes things just more complicated than it needs to be.

I don't understand what you are doing with the spreadsheets in Teamcenter.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Check the excel options to make sure that the "UG" add-in has not been accidentally disabled.

Creator
Creator

Eureka!!! Ug was turned off on the Excel add-ons. It seems to be working now.Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!