Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Startup journal

hello,

is there a way to have NX automatically launching a .vb journal at startup ?

Something that doesn't require .bat scripts hacking, if possible.

Tnx

3 REPLIES

Re: Startup journal

Maurizio,

Good morning.  This is one of those things that is really easy to do if you can build your VB code into a .DLL, which requires the dotnet_author license.  Are you able to do that?

If not, you can record a macro that launches the journal, then you can have NX run the macro at startup with the -key switch.  (Yes, this will probably require modifying your .bat file that starts NX - sorry about that!)  This method has the advantage of running a little later in the startup process, which can be better, depending on what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

I'll give it a try but modifying all .bat files is going to be a problem ...

No, I haven't got an authoring license.

Just for curious, if I had, would the users be able to run relevant .DLLs

without any additional license ?

We often have users going abroad with basic borrowed bundles, and

I want to be sure journals can be run.

Tnx

Maurizio,

With the dotnet_author license, you can sign a .DLL after you build it, and then when it tries to run, NX see the valid signature and allows it to run.  This way as long as you have at least one author license, you can sign your .DLL's and give them to your other users, and NX will allow them to run.  Once they are running, they require the same licenses that would be needed for the same functionality from the user interface.  So if your program creates a solid, you need a solid modeling license; if your program manipulated Drawings, you need a drafting license, and so on.

Regards,

Steve