cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing Listing WIndow

Builder
Builder

Is there any way to keep the listing window from popping up when you run Certain methods.

For instance the UFClone.perfomClone automatically pops open the listing window. I would like to keep that from happening.

Please and thank you.

4 REPLIES

Re: Suppressing Listing WIndow

Phenom
Phenom
In the past I've had to contact GTAC about this.
I can't recall the exact function I had problems with, something in CAM I think. I opened a PR and in the end and it got fixed so no more listing window for that function.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Phenom
Phenom

Until the developers change the function to suppress the listing window, you can use the listing window's .CloseWindow method. The user may notice a quick flash as the window is opened then immediately closed, but it may be better than leaving the window open.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can try redirecting the output so that the list window does not appear in the first place. Use ListingWindow.SelectDevice() and set DeviceType to ListingWindow.DeviceType.None

Phenom
Phenom

I got a sense of deja vu from this thread, now I know why. Someone had the same question about 18 months ago:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Languages/How-to-avoid-output-on-Information-Windo...

According to the OP in the other thread, setting the listing window output to null did not have the desired effect.