cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter search for release status using NXOpen

Pioneer
Pioneer

Does anyone have experience with Teamcenter searches using NXOpen? What I am trying to do is look in Teamcenter for component revisions greater than the currently loaded revisions and get their release status. Currently I have a working method of doing this, but it is incredibly slow. What I do currently is ask if a certain item/rev/status exist and if not ask if the same item/rev exists at a different status. Status will always be one of three options(Production, Development, or Working) so I only have to ask twice. This process takes quite a while in an assembly with lots of components with several newer revisions though. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Function TCQuery(qItem As String, qRevision As String, qStatus As String) As Boolean        

Dim entries() As String = {"item_id", "item_revision_id", "release_status_list.name"}
        Dim values() As String = { qItem, qRevision, qStatus}

Dim mySearch As PDM.PdmSearch = theSession.PdmSearchManager.NewPdmSearch()
        Dim mySearchResult As PDM.SearchResult = mySearch.Advanced(entries, values)

Dim results() As String = mySearchResult.GetResultObjectNames()

If results.Length <> 0
            Return True
        Else
            Return False
        End If

End Function 
1 REPLY

Re: Teamcenter search for release status using NXOpen

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have used Teamcenter revision rules to do something similar. We just have one release status to consider but you may be able to adapt the principle.

Dim configRule As String = ""
        Dim revcount As Integer
        Dim revstr() As Tag = Nothing
        Dim revtag As Tag
        Dim parttag As Tag
        Dim latestRev As String
        Dim RevString As String

ugmgr.AskConfigRule(configRule) ' capture current rev rule
        ugmgr.SetConfigRule("02-NX_Check_for_Latest_Frozen")

partNumber = workPart.GetUserAttributeAsString("DB_PART_NO", NXObject.AttributeType.String, 0)

ugmgr.AskPartTag(partNumber, parttag)               'get tag of workpart
        ugmgr.ListPartRevisions(parttag, revcount, revstr)  'get count of revisions and tags of all revisions of parts

ugmgr.AskPartRevisionId(revstr(revcount - 1), latestRev)    'gets string of revision of latest revision of part

ugmgr.AskConfiguredRev(parttag, revtag)         'gets tag of revision meeting config rule
        ugmgr.AskPartRevisionId(revtag, RevString)      'gets string of revision from revision tag

ugmgr.SetConfigRule(configRule) 'reset config rule

Mike

NX 10 TC11.2
www.astonmartin.com