cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threading

Builder
Builder

Has anybody had any success writing ufuncs where you create your own ufuncs to do work in an nx session. I am trying I keep getting fatal errors.

3 REPLIES

Re: Threading

Phenom
Phenom

The following archived thread may interest you:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Languages/multi-threading-in-NXOpen-API-using-VB-n...

There may be more functions now that support multi-threading than when the old thread was written, but I doubt the entire API has been made thread safe in that time.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In general, the NXOpen toolkits are not thread-safe.

So you can have threads that do other things, but you will need to make sure that any calls to NXOpen happen from the main thread.

Builder
Builder
Are there any functions in the NXOpen that are thread safe?
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email communication and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or reproduction of this communication or its attached contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachment from your system.