Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tubes Custom Feature

Attached is a version for creating hollow tube custom features.  I have taken on board both the number format and the use of expressions.  It covers square, rectangular and obround sections. I have signed the dll files for NX12.

I would be interested in any comments.

Frank Swinkels

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tubes Custom Feature

Oops I did not include all in the zip file. Here it is.

Legend
Legend

Hello @FrankSwinks1 ,

I'm interested in your development.

I tried running it. When executing it, I get :

2019-04-30_114731.png

However I get the UI afterwards. I tried entering some values and when I click "Ok", I get :

>2019-04-30_114838.png

In the graphic window I have :

2019-04-30_114926.png

If I try to double-click the feature, I get this :

>2019-04-30_114942.png

Is there something for me to do ? Or do you have some workarounds ?

Best regards,

Frédéric.

@FLehn OK when I create system expressions I did not include number format info.  I had not thought of this.  I have now included this in the UI file.  Just replace the attached file and see how it goes.

Regards

Frank Swinkels

Legend
Legend

Hello @FrankSwinks1 ,

Thanks for the quick update. Now it seems to be well working.

Just a small problem : if you create a feature with this development with, let's say, a corner radius of 2mm and then you edit the feature to specify a corner radius of 1mm, you'll see that the feature is updated but when trying to edit the feature once again the value in the UI will still be 2mm.

It's not a big trouble but just so you know Smiley Happy.

I'll test your development further next days and I'll give you a feedback.

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Hi @FLehn 

When you change any "Detail" values then the feature will update correctly however the values in the dialog have not been updated.  I can readily do this as I have done in the attached updated file.  The problem as see it if the user wants to change to another size then the user needs to reselect the height, width and thickness in the parameters section to show standard section values. 

Regards

Frank Swinkels