Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

UDO feature has an invalid rm child (NXOpen)

I'm looking to create a UDO and link it to a three features (LinkTypeOwning) I just created.  When I do, I keep geting anexception in the CommitFeature:

UDO feature has an invalid rm child

THinking I maybe had some bad objects, I'm calling IsObjectLinkable form the UserDefinedObjects manager and it returns true for all three objects. If I don't try to link the UDO, it links fine.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to try next?

P.S. I was going to search the old BBS but it is now offline.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkBurhop
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: UDO feature has an invalid rm child (NXOpen)

OK, I solved it.

For future reference, a UDO can own things (have an "owning link") that a UDO impelmented as a Feature can not.   I had to use a couple UDOs to get it working.

Hi

I am facing the same issue while trying to assign a Spline(It is Linkable) as an Owning Link to the UDO but It gives me an error ( "UDO feature has an invalid rm child" while making UDO Feature). If I try to assign a Line as Owing Link then it works fine.

Please tell me little in detail How you have solved this issue.

Thanks

Gunjeet Kumar

Hi

After much struggle, I think I got your point. First UDO will have all the Associated Objects in the Owing Link but that UDO cannot be Linked to UDO Feature instead i have to make another UDO that Owns that UDO as a owning Link and then use the new UDO for the UDO Feature.

I got it working like this. But If I misunderstood something, Please Correct me.

Thanks

Gunjeet