cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGZip

Legend
Legend

Has anyone considered updating or modifying the UGzip program to use 7zip compression?

I use it regularly for archiving.

Such a thing is well beyond my abilities, but maybe one of you could?

http://7-zip.org/

7-Zip is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. Check license information here: 7-Zip license.

You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2017 r2
Testing:NX12 EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro
6 REPLIES

Re: UGZip

You would need to contact the author of the program, or whoever is maintaining the source code. A long time ago is was Weidemann engineering, but I don't know the current status.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Hi,

Where can i find this UGzip?

br

Fred

Legend
Legend

http://www.w-eng.de/

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro

Genius
Genius

Legend
Legend

while this does use 7zip. its commandline based.

if you just run the journal, it'll 7zip every open file and stick it in your temp.

I havent tried to run it per the instructions yet.

Genius
Genius

yes, the zip-package goes to your %UGII_TMP_DIR%.

Attached a updated journal that asks the output folder and it will store the last output location in the windows registry.

Just edit the location where 7zip is installed (line 97-102)