Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to read features of a part in an assembly with load options as Partial Loading

I have opened a large assembly with Partial Loading in load options. When I try to access the features of a part in the assembly, it shows an empty list.

I am using Part.Features.ToArray in NX Open to collect the features of a part.

But when I load all the components I am able to collect all the features of the part. It consumes much time to open the assembly with loading all the components.

Kindly let me know if there are any API which will be able to read the features/solid bodies from a part even if it is partially loaded. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Unable to read features of a part in an assembly with load options as Partial Loading

[ Edited ]

You must fully load the part to read its features.

You can fully load the part as needed; this would avoid fully loading all of the assembly component parts. If you have a reference to a component, you can get a reference to the part with:

{component ref}.Prototype.OwningPart

Now that you have a reference to a part object, you can use its .LoadFully or .LoadThisPartFully method.

Re: Unable to read features of a part in an assembly with load options as Partial Loading

There are hundreds of parts in the assembly which need to be accessed for features and still if I load the required parts it takes huge amount of time.

Partial loading, BY DEFINITION, only loads the minimum amount of data required to open the assembly.  I don't know for sure (perhaps someone from Siemens can comment) but I would assume that features are NOT part of the "minimum amount of data".

So if you want feature data, you'll have to load each component fully.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled