Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating component attributes regardless of the Display Part

Is there a way to update component attributes is such a way that the update will show up regardless of what I change "Make Display Part" to?  I can get the attributes for the current Display. Here I have update all components with a part number of *-99879* with finish, finish spec and finish color

Now when I change the display or "Make Display Part on *-99879-1 those changes no longer show

I would think that these part attribute updates would show regardless of there display part. Currently I'm using SetUserAttribute.  I think this is a little clearer than my last post.

3 REPLIES

Re: Updating component attributes regardless of the Display Part

If you apply the attribute to the component, you are applying it to the instance in the displayed parent assembly.

To have an attribute visible at any level in the assembly, it must be a part attribute, which gets inherited by any assembly level.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

while navigating through the assembly tree is there a way to determine if the child is a part?

If you walk the assembly tree you always retrieve components (occurrences), not parts.

The part is the prototype of a component.

The SNAP programmers reference has a good explanation of the assembly scheme, so I recommend you give it a read.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community