Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Urgnt help needed on customization of drill operation (c#,c++,vb,.net anything will be fine)

I have to change the minimum clearance value in the selected drill operation.

I am running a machine simulation(only for drilling operations )using NX open dll.

1. while running the simulation, if there is violation of clearance values then I have to check for th cycle event->minimum clearance value for a selected drill operation.
  2. I have to change it to next value and then run the simulation again.
  3. I have do this till i will get a error free simulation.

Now for this, I am trying to change my cycle event->minimum clearance value in drill operation but I am unable to achieve it.Can anyone please help me with the solution.

10 REPLIES

Re: Urgnt help needed on customization of drill operation (c#,c++,vb,.net anything will be fine)

Old ptp drilling or new drilling from hole making template?

Sent from my iPhone
Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Re: Urgnt help needed on customization of drill operation (c#,c++,vb,.net anything will be fine)

I am using NX 10.0.3 and the normal drill operation not the hole making operation.

I asked, because as was stated here:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization/GRIP-for-Drilling-operat...

"There is no .net support for the legacy point-to-point and sequential milling operations, so you need to use GRIP NC if you want to write an API program"

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

The operation type is "drill" and subtype is "drilling".

I hope this is termed as point to point.Please correct me if I am wrong.

For this drilling operation I am trying to access the minimum clearance value in the cycle type.

You could try the attached VB.NET journal to see if the parameter is accessible this way.

As stated before, operations from "drill => drilling" are not supported by .NET and there will never be any support, since these operations have been superseded by "hole_making => drilling".

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi Stefan ,

I just checked your code.I am getting the required value(minimum clearance) as a below format :-

output from your code

00143 ... Toolpath Cutting Length
DblLength .... 0.234000000000001

Now I am trying to track back which variable is bringing this in your code.

Is it possible to convert a VB code into c# code ?As I am trying to automate stuffs using C# language.

Thankyou for the help.

Regards

Keerti

The difference between C# and VB.NET is not that big, so you should not need to convert the program.

The line that retrieves a parameter real value is:

UFSes.Param.AskDoubleValue(tNodes(iCount), ParamIndices(iParam), dValue)

Only the old UF-wrapper functions allow direct modification of the parameters, since not all parameters have a known name for .NET

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Can you record and share any of your code in Python? I would be happy to take a look.  Go to file-->Preferences --> User Interface --> Journal and then click on the Developer tab --> Record

There is also a c++ NX open example that can be used to call GRIP

Hi,

So I have change my approach .Instead of drill m now using hole making but let see if I am able to achieve what I am looking for.I will try little bit more and ping you incase I am still in trouble.

Thanks

Keerti