cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User NX journal CAM "Drill Model" can't display Drill point code

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Everyone:

Why do I use the journal function Recording "drill mode", but transcoding (C #) I can not be displayed "Select drill point"???

Detail as shown:

擷取.PNG

擷取1.PNG

Thanks Everyone

3 REPLIES

Re: User NX journal CAM "Drill Model" can't display Drill point code

There is no .net API for this operation. 

As stated in the release notes for several years, Point-to-point operations are on critical maintenance. They are hidden from the system in NX 11 to prevent creation by new users.

The drilling operations found in hole_making are supported in .net.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear MarkRief:

Thanks for your answer.
Other if I want use NX OPEN write Drill Model , Whether can use code (C#) writeing??
If can , pelase let me see related examples.

Thank very much.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For the managed programming languages (VB.NET, C#, Java, C++, etc.) you will have to use the UF wrappers, since there are no new API methods developed to access the ancient operation types.

The UF wrappers are based on pure ANSI C and there are some limitations as of the availability of these wrappers, since modern managed programming languages don't support anything like a union, which prevents wrapping such UF functions.

If you find an example written in pure ANSI C that fulfills the task and you can find a wrapper method for all UF functions involved, then you are likely to translate it to .NET or similar.

You may use the attached journal, that uses some of the UF wrappers to get the parameters of any NX CAM object, so you might see a reference to an object containing the position set of the P2P operation.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community