Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

User-Select CAE Groups

A couple weeks ago I asked about getting the user to select a list of groups so I could handle it programmatically here and got a quick answer that I accepted.

The answer to this question ended up only working for Gateway Groups, and I am looking to get CAE groups. There does not seem to be a simple change to the provided answer to get these groups instead of the Gateway groups.

The groups to selectThe groups to select

(UFConstants.UF_group_type is used for the Selection Mask but I can't find an equivalent for the type of groups I am looking for, and these are for Gateway Groups)

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan_
‎06-21-2017 11:45 AM

Re: User-Select CAE Groups

You cannot set a mask to allow direct selection of CAE groups.

You need to obtain a list of the groups from the CaePart.CaeGroupCollection, build a list of group names and present it to the user via an enum block, multi line string block , etc.. In the apply callback, map the selected name(s) back to the appropriate Cae.Group objects.

Thank you for the answer! I will look to use a MultilineString object to do this. Currently I am able to get all the groups to put in the MultilineString object, but am stuck trying to figure out how to get a MultilineString object for the session. 

'Store list of all groups
Dim grpList As List(Of String) = New List(Of String)

'get groups
Dim allGroups As CAE.CaeGroupCollection = caePart.CaeGroups()
For Each curGroup As CAE.CaeGroup In allGroups.ToArray()
        grpList.Add(curGroup.GetName())
Next

'user prompt for groups
Dim usrGrpsSelect As NXOpen.BlockStyler.MultilineString
'??How do I initialize for this session??

'Add group titles to usrGrpsSelect
usrGrpsSelect.SetValue(grpList.ToArray())

Thanks!

If you design the block styler dialog through the UI in NX, it will produce all of the necessary template code that you need.