cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AskChildrenOrder with NXOpen

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

Pleas give me example how I can use AskChildrenOrder method. I need to get all child in the same order as current Navigator Order ("Alphanumeric", Alphabetic" etc.)  I need get children for all assembly branches, not only top parent, so code should checks whole assembly tree. 

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES

Re: Using AskChildrenOrder with NXOpen

Phenom
Phenom

In its current state, I doubt that AskChildrenOrder will do what you want. The following link will take you to a problem report and some example code (you might need to log in with your webkey for full access).

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/result.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=pr+7421390

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Did you ever find your solution?

Experimenter
Experimenter

No, I didn't. I spoke to NX support and they confirmed that it's a problem, so they are going to fix it in next release. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What version of NX are you using, and are you running Team Center or Native?

Experimenter
Experimenter

We use NX10 for Windows, Native.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Try using the code attached below, it is currently set up to export the assembly navigator to an excel spreadsheet in alphabetical order. You can alter it to export to another platform if you like but the functionality you need is there. Let me know if it works for you. I am currently running TC so there is a chance some changes may need to be made for native users.