Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2013 with NX10

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Team,

Can I use Visual Studio 2013 for NxOpen application in NX-10. As I am trying to use getting an error PRoject Creation failed.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES

Re: VS2013 with NX10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Saddam,

Good morning.  Officially we support the use of the 2012 Studio with NX10, and the Wizards are created to work with that combination.  If you are NOT using C or C++, you <<might>> be able to use the unsupported version of the compiler, if you start with a project that was created in the right version.

GTAC has projects available for download that were created this way.  These were intended primarily for customers who were using the Express version of the Studio from the correct version, because the Express version does not support the use of the Wizards.  But you might be able to use them with your version - it should be easy to test and see.

Please visit this link:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/result.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=nx_api5346

Find the appropriate template project for your version of NX and download it.  Note that the 'internal' projects will create a .DLL, and the 'external' projects will create a .EXE.  So if you want to build a .DLL for NX10 in Visual Basic, for example, then you need the one called "NX10_VB_internal.zip".

One you have opened the project, you can get rid of the dummy code and bring yours in with Project -> Add existing item.  You can make other changes in the project, such as assigning the desired name for your target image.

If you are using C/C++, we really don't expect the 2013 Studio to work with NX10, but you might get away with it in the .Net bindings.  Good luck!

Best regards,

Steve

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I want to use NXOpen with c++ .

I am unable to access the link provided by you. Could you please  sent me the internal template project for NX10 with c++ if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I use 2013 for C#.NET and never had any problems.

Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

For c# it works but the issue is with c++ when I cretae a NXOpen c++ project using NX wizard.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Saddam,

We can't mail .zip files.  Please try this link:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

You may be prompted to login with your webkey - the same thing you use to login to this site.

Enter nx_api5346 in the search field, and it should take you to the right place.

But as I said yesterday, we do not expect that C/C++ programs built with any version of the Studio other than the one that was used to build a particular version of NX will work properly.  Once in a while one works, but it is a nice surprise when that happens.  We recommend that you use the 2012 version of the Studio with NX10.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Steve