Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to show the work in progress dialog with stop button using NXOpen in c++

Creator
Creator

Hi ,

I would like to show the work in progress dialog with stop button using  NXOpen in c++ for my NXOpen application. so it will indicate application is busy.

for example displayed during Meshing in the Advanced Simulation environment, so user can abort meshing in between using stop button.

I want to know how can i pop up this dialog in nx session using c++ nxopen

Thanks...

4 REPLIES

Re: Want to show the work in progress dialog with stop button using NXOpen in c++

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Monika,

You can tell NX "It's OK to post the work-in-progress dialog", but you can't make NX do it.  The function that allows it to be posted is UF_ABORT_enable_abort().  NX will decide when to post it.  You can prevent it from appearing with the related _disable_ function.  (It is enabled by default.)

If you have a long series of operations, and you get lucky and NX posts the dialog, you can check whether it has been triggered with UF_ABORT_ask_flag_status(), and take the desired action. Just like in interactive NX, there may be a delay from the time you push the button until it actually stops.

Best regards,

Steve

Re: Want to show the work in progress dialog with stop button using NXOpen in c++

Creator
Creator
So that means it is not necessary, NX will pop up the dialog during operation with UF_ABORT_enable_abort() function.

Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Monika,

I am sorry if I was not clear, but no, that is not what it means.  The UF_ABORT_enable_abort() function will NOT post the work-in-progress dialog.  It will only give NX permission to post the dialog, when NX determines that it is needed.  There is no way to force NX to post that dialog.  You can only allow or disallow it.

Best regards,

Steve

Creator
Creator
Thanks Steve...

It is clear now....