cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing CAM dialog box

Genius
Genius

Is there a dlx file for the CAM "Create Operations" dialog box that I can modify? Is it possible to customize the CAM dialog box (ex: Create Operation) and create custom buttons/items from scratch? 

The "Customize dialog" option in the "Create operation" dialog box only allows me to add preconfigured buttons/items.

For another project, we used the Block UI styler to create a dialog box from scratch, generated a dlx file and then wrote a script that mapped with the various buttons/inputs.

Rather than create a brand new CAM "Create Operations" dialog box from scratch, I just want to modify the existing one.

5 REPLIES

Re: customizing CAM dialog box

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you can "customize" this dialog.

Do you understand how it functions?

Do you understand how to customize CAM (note there is a section of the CAM -> "Manufacturing General" docs that covers CAM customization - if you haven't read thru it, I suggest you do)

TYPE: this list of part files comes from the operation template file (.opt)

SUBTYPE: comes from operations in template part that have the Object -> Template setting -> "Object can be used as a template" set

NAME: Name for the new op.

In theory you could write your own API program and then use Menuscript to replace the "as installed" dialog with your own.  But you still need to specify the template part, operation, 4 parents, and operation name.

Out of curiosity - what are you looking to add? (or are you looking to remove???)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can also add UDEs directly to the dialog of an operation.

Generally you can't fully customize the dialog for an operation, since it only supports what the operation supports.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

The Customize dialog fucntion in CAM is for editing CAM objects only. You cannot customize the Create Operation dialog box.

What customization are you trying to do?

As @Ken_A says, the options for type and subtype are based on your resource files.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Thanks for all the detailed responses. That clarifies the topic greatly. I will look through the CAM Customization documentation on GTAC but I think I may have to take a different approach for what I am trying to do.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Describe in detail what you are trying to do and we will be able to suggest multiple ways to achieve your goal Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community