cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(default) Folder NX searches for a BITMAP in a custom menu?

Phenom
Phenom

To all,

I thought I had some notes on the subject but can no longer find them!

If one creates a custom menu, a .rtb file for axample and specifies a BITMAP entry (for example: BITMAP question), where does NX search for this file?

I did a quick search and quite a few 'question.gif' are returned (no bmp though!)

Is there a way of specifying the folder storing the bitmap to use? in the .rtb file

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
4 REPLIES

Re: (default) Folder NX searches for a BITMAP in a custom menu?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This online help article is for the older toolbar format, but I believe the information pertains to Ribbon Tabs too:

How NX searches for bitmaps for TBR toolbars

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks JimB. I do not have the environment variable UGII_BITMAP_PATH defined. So where does NX currnently find the images?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think the last bullet would apply: any application folder in the user directory path.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10/nx_api/#uid:index_menuscript:variables_env_vrbls_...

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks JimB

I "forced" a full path for one of the bitmap in my startup file: mycustom_ribbon_rtb.rtb and it seems to work

I tried defining the systems variable UGII_BITMAP_PATH  to point to a folder I created (containing  a couple of dummy icons for testing) but it NX didn't pick anything. So I must have done that wrong.

Thanks

Regards