cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find journal identifier for caeface.findobject("journal identifier") based on the polygon face name

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am trying to find the journal identifier for cae face based on the polygon face name. The polygon face is named in the NX model. 

While using result measures manager, i am selecting the corresponding named face and passing it as an argument.

While generating the journal file i am getting following command. 

NXOpen.CAE.CAEFace cAEFace1 = (NXOpen.CAE.CAEFace)component1.FindObject("PROTO#CAE_Body(1)|CAE_Face(6)");

Is there anyway i can find out the following expression "PROTO#CAE_Body(1)|CAE_Face(6)" based on the name of the polygon face.

Or is there any other way to get this expression "PROTO#CAE_Body(1)|CAE_Face(6)" based on any command.

3 REPLIES

Re: find journal identifier for caeface.findobject("journal identifier") based on the poly

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Loop through all the polygon faces in your model and check the name. When you find the name you want, ask the Journal Identifier using the function JournalIdentifier ()

Re: find journal identifier for caeface.findobject("journal identifier") based on the poly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That's all well and good, but if you go through all of this work to get a reference to the CAEFace object, only to ask for it's journal identifier, then what are you going to do with it that you couldn't do with the object itself?

I general, you should be striving to remove any references by Journal Identifier from your code, not adding them.

Experimenter
Experimenter

My work consisted of cosimulation of 1D software with NX where in the face averaged values are transferred to the system back.. now during the cad generation i named the faces.. the cae faces were found using findobject feature with name such as this "PROTO#CAE_Body(1)|CAE_Face(6)". Instead by getting the face tags and then using journal identifier for the same the argument was passed in resultmeasure command for geometry selection..