Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

font NX6

Hi

I am using NX6. How to add new font in NX6 ( drafting mode)

Thank you
9 REPLIES

Re: font NX6

Add the FNX file of the font to the UGII_CHARACTER_FONT_DIR

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Dear Stefan_Pendl

thank you . And How to download FNX file? .I do not have it.

thank you

You cannot download the NX font files, generally all that are available are shipping with NX.

What font do you need?

There is a utility to convert True-Type fonts to NX fonts called FontFactory, search for its download in this community.

Make sure to run the utility with English regional settings else it won't work correctly.

Later releases of NX allow using True-Type fonts directly for drafting notes.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Dear stefan_Pendl

thank you very much. I already download Fontfactory. But I want to export font in one line . Now program is export font in two line .please advise me to making it ?

Thank you

[ Edited ]

What do you mean with "in two lines"?

Could you post a screen shot?

Generally the utility generates a FNX file with the NX font definition for each character found in the True-Type font.

If the font is bold, then you get an outer and an inner shape.

True-Type fonts are never created in a single stroke.

As Stefan said, TrueType fonts are "outline" fonts that are designed with the idea that the regions inside the outlines will be filled with ink.

So, in the character "8", there will be one outside loop of curves, and two loops for the holes.

FontFactory gives you a way to fill in the interiors with strokes, but this gives you a pretty "heavy" font.

If this is not what you want, your only other option is to design a new NX font yourself. You can do this with FontFactory. It's a laborious task, but not too bad if you just need a few special characters. Make sure you get the latest version of FontFactory (version 3.0, I think).

山田
yamada

@Yamada,

could you create a new sticky thread with the FontFactory attached?

Would it eventually be possible to correct the regional settings problem by including the following two lines in the beginning of your code?

Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = New Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US")
Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US")

@Stefan_Pendl

Thanks for the suggested change.

Here is an executable that includes your two lines of code. I did 2 minutes of testing on a US version of Windows 7, and it seems to work OK. Could you see if it fixes the problem you mentioned, please. If it does, I'll distribute it.

thanks

山田
yamada

@Yamada,

thanks for the update, I have tested on my German system and now get periods instead of commas, which no longer corrupts the FNT/FNX files Smiley Happy ::thumbs up::