Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making JT model

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have assemblies in NX (465 total). I want to convert them in JT. I also have made a macro tool, but evertime it requires me to click the button. I am looking for something basicallly a program that would conduct this process in the background instead of me opening the assemblies and getting it done each time. Is there any way I can create a program for the 465 assemblies.

Thanks in advance

Pooja 

6 REPLIES

Re: making JT model

Native NX or Managed NX?

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Native NX

Teamcentre 11 and NX 10

Have a look at this topic

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Is-there-a-Way-to-Batch-Export-JT-or...

Hi @pghatge,

You can create a shortcut of 'run_ugtopv.bat' and use it with windows explorer send to option as mentioned below.

First create a shortcut of file 'run_ugtopv.bat' located at path "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\PVTRANS" to the desktop.

In windows explorer address bar type 'shell:sendto', enter. It will open 'SendTo' folder of windows of the current user.

Cut/paste the shortcut here. Rename and change icon of shortcut as you needed. In my case I renamed it as Convert to JT and used NX icon.

jtfile.PNG

In the folder where assembly files are present, select the assembly root file > Right Click > Convert to JT. Or create a text file and mention the full path of all the root assembly part files including the .prt extension. Select text file > Right Click > Convert to JT, it will create the JT for all the assembly part files depending upon the preferences set to the 'tessUG.config' file.

jtfile.PNG1.PNG

jtfile1.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Ganesh

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am going to try this method and get back to you. I seriously have a deadline for the project am working on. Or ill will have to build a program in VB which would take me ages, since I have very little knowledge of programing. 

Again thanks for your suggesstion

Regards 

Pooja

Pioneer
Pioneer

Can you share me your jt.txt file. I am trying to save the location but it wont work out for me.