Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

output Json format for webgl/three.js?

7 REPLIES

Re: output Json format for webgl/three.js?

[ Edited ]

Now that would be interesting. Two years ago I made some three.js scenes with stl files from NX. Just to see how it would turn out. If you are interested I'll try to share it somewhere.

JSON would be better because with STL you don't have control over materials or textures. So, we only need an exporter to JSON. Smiley Wink

W10 NX11.0.1

DJS wrote:

Now that would be interesting. Two years ago I made some three.js scenes with stl files from NX. Just to see how it would turn out. If you are interested I'll try to share it somewhere.

JSON would be better because with STL you don't have control over materials or textures. So, we only need an exporter to JSON. Smiley Wink

DJS, I would be interested and I would appreciate you sharing what you did. I think Tecnomatix, Process Simulate, and Robot Expert can all output to a webgl format.

This should work: stl viewer. Keep in mind this was only a proof of concept. 

This is not much more than exported STL files which got a color in a three.js scene. But maybe this isn't really complicated to automate. 

W10 NX11.0.1

@DJS @AlexLee the drop box file is missing , please share the file if you happen to have them. Thanks 

I think something has changed at dropbox. Filesharing for these files doesn't seem to work anymore. I'll see if I can put them up somewhere else.
W10 NX11.0.1

I am also interested in doing this.

@DJS, would it be possible for you to share the files?

I have no webserver to myself for these files. I have attached all files. Just unzip it and drop the index.html in your browser.

It is an old proof of concept. So, don't expect too much.

W10 NX11.0.1