Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Assorted parts" objects?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone!

What is the purpose of the "Assorted parts" objects? I can see that we can define line, arc, text and arrow, initialize it and add to an annotation or 'aid' (not sure what it means). But I am not actually sure what is the ultimate purpose of this functionality. Is it possible to construct custom drafting objects using it? Are there any examples? I didn't find any...

3 REPLIES

Re: "Assorted parts" objects?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, as you suspected, the original idea was that you could build a custom dimension entity from lines, arcs, and bits of text. It used to be called "Dimension by Parts", and actually GRIP still has a "DIMBP" command.

There are two creation functions: UF_DRF_create_assortpart_dim, and UF_DRF_create_assortpart_aid. You can also call uf556x and/or uc556x functions to add lines, arcs, text,  and arrows to the object. Routine uf5565 must be called to close the definition of the object.

It's pretty old technology, and I don't suppose many people use it any more.

山田
yamada

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe (at least at one point in time) they were used for dimensions imported via IGES or DXF or whatever (maybe only if NX couldn't figure out the dimension type?)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I want to create some custom drafting objects with logic beyond the Custom Symbols. I'm trying to understand if Assorted Parts could be used for my purpose. Does anyone have a .NET example of using these functionality?