Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing attributes and part history anonymity

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dear Experts,

Do we have a utility for removing (or at least make the values of the attribute Null) user specific attributes from an assembly? Also if possible then we would like to remove the part history as well.(purpose:- it is a customer data and we would not like to publish any customer specific information)

Best Regards

Kapil

8 REPLIES 8

Re: removing attributes and part history anonymity

Genius
Genius

Hello @kapilsharma,

Regarding clearing the part history you have the utility "part_utility" with the option "anonymize" : https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.2/nx_help#uid:xid1128423:index_command_line_uti...

If you've got some part attributes (let's say "PART AUTHOR") with the name of your customer employees, you'll have to developp a custom program to delete these attributes. It's quite simple and you'll find example on GTAC. let's say this one in C++ : https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=delete+part+attribute... "Sample NX Open C++ program : delete a specific part attribute".

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

Thanks Fredric,

Unfortunately i have virtually no skills on programming Smiley Happy so just wanted to know if there are any already available utility for the attribute deletion .

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

i guess i found it ...will try..

Thanks a lot

Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

Can anyone help me with a query?

i have managed to get together a vb code that goes through the assembly and it's components and then delete user attributes but is there a way by which i can delte all the user attributes in one go (i mean all the attributes under the No Category )

delete_attri.jpg

As of now i have tried this by specifying attributes in the code

my_meth.jpg

But there are thousands of parts and sub-assemblies and with their own attributes so virtually making it impossible to specify everything in the code

Is there a syntax i can use for deleting the attributes under the no category 

I tried something like this

my_meth1.jpgbut getting error

err1.jpg

Best Regards

Kapil

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I suggest looking into the .GetUserAttributes method. This will return the .AttributeInformation on all the user attributes; this will give you access to the category, type, and other information of each user attribute. Based on this information, you can take action as necessary.

Siemens Phenom

Thanks a lot Cowski.... that is great .. sorry i lack in  VB skills so might need to take some help ...the vb code i showed was just an iteration of copy and paste job from some old VB codes. Nevertheless i will still give it a shot.

Regards

Kapil Sharma

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note the "DB_*" attributes look like you are using Teamcenter.

The values for these may (or more likely, may not) be able to be changed in NX due to the Teamcenter attribute mapping rules - you would likely have to change the TC properties, then open & save the part(s).

I would *assume* that if you export the assembly to native mode, you can delete these attributes (but I am not 100% sure).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom

Thanks a lot Ken,

Actually i am in native NX only. The assembly was initially exported from TC and so retains those DB_ attributes i guess.

I am trying to get Cowski suggestions into action.

Have a nice weekend to all of you.

Best Regards

Kapil