Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

retrieve machine tool data

Hi,

I'm trying to create my very first journal . In this journal I want to create a few machine tools in one click with specific terms but avoid duplicate the existing tools. How to know what are the tools existed in the machine tool view.

Thank you

LIM

NX9.0.2.5, WINDOW 7

NX 10.0.3.5, WINDOWS 7
4 REPLIES

Re: retrieve machine tool data

There are two options:

1. cycle through all NCgroup objects and check those of type Tool
  2. cycle through all members of the machine tool view root and check the NCgroups
For Each CAMgroup As CAM.NCGroup In Session.GetSession().Parts.Work.CAMSetup.CAMGroupCollection
    Select Case CAMgroup.GetType.ToString
        Case "NXOpen.CAM.Tool"
' ...

For Each CAMgroup As Cam.CAMObject In Session.GetSession().Parts.Work.CAMSetup.GetRoot(Cam.CAMSetup.View.MachineTool).GetMembers()

' ...

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

There is an example of cycling through the tool view in the sample programs in ...UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAM .  PocketSetRegistersCycleAll.vb  checks the type and subtype for pockets, but you could adapt this to tools.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks to Stefan and MarkRief

LIM

NX9.0.2.5, WINDOW 7
NX 10.0.3.5, WINDOWS 7

Hello,

I was wondering if you have had any secess with the program and if so can you upload what you ended up using? I am trying to gather tooling information for a lot of .prt files and do not want to go through them all. 

Thank you