cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spell checker

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there any way to create spell checker for NX9 (for drafting)? Something similar to Microsoft word, spell checker??

Expert’s plse help me 

I know tables are linked to excel

If we can link notes to word it will be great 

8 REPLIES

Re: spell checker

Use Check mate 'Spell Check'.

Menu > Analysis > Check-Mate > Set Up Tests

Tests tab > Spell Check > Spell Check on Annotations and Execute Check-Mate Tests.

Spell check.PNG

Once you execute the check, Select the 'Spell Check on Annotations' from HD3D navigator > RMB > Show Info View. It will show the test description how it works.

Spell check1.PNG

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes it is possible. The are a couple of .NET spell check libraries. I personally used the NHunspell library for mine. I used a 3 tiered dictonary system with a default general language library(can be set to one of several languages), a network served list of corporate engineering terms, and a local user added list. Zoom to item where the mistake is located as well as changing the color of the misspelled word we also added.

There is an issue with Tabular Notes that are set to edit in Excel. They can be spell checked, but there wasn't a way to edit the Excel in NXOpen and push it back to NX. I chose to just notify the user in this case(cell location, misspelling, correction(s), etc.).

2017-03-03 001 (szlcrq SAGD2UA6141MHQ).png2017-03-03 002 (szlcrq SAGD2UA6141MHQ).png

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you todmit
This is what I searched for , but how and where I get this applications ??

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you Ganesh_Kadole for replay
but this method will not highlight words (this highlight complete note ) no spelling suggestions

Please suggest something which highlights words and option for auto correction if you know

Refer the discussion

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=352828

You will get the link for .dll mentioned in the discussion.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=33724931-8da6-4e20-94ca-5dce9f5b2c2b&file=SpellChec...

.DLL in the link (http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=33724931-8da6-4e20-94ca-5dce9f5b2c2b&file=SpellChec...) works great.

Just addition to 'Spell Check' checker, There is option 'Show Spelling Tips' which give suggestion to the misspelled words. For example if a note contain 50 words then all the misspelled words can be traced easily with this option. Note that it uses MS Word Custom Dictionary.

cm.PNG

cm1.PNG

cm2.PNG

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ganesh_Kadole

that .dll is working great .

what is Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll a supporting file ?

Check the 'SpellCheckerREADME' text file from installtion path "\NX100\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\SpellChecker". You will get more information about it. Hope this will solve your queries. Smiley Happy