transient error message running macro on fresh NX instance

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

I get the following error:

Untitled.png

whenever I do the following:

1) open a new instance of NX

2)  playback a macro that starts by loading a part file, and then does something else

The error is always triggered by the first action performed after loading the file.  It doesn't matter what this action is.  This ONLY happens when playback of the macro is the first action performed upon a fresh instance of NX -- otherwise, this error does not occur.

3 REPLIES

Re: transient error message running macro on fresh NX instance

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I just called GTAC, and they told me the solution is to make sure I insert an explicit switch to my desired view ("Modeling", in this case).  It seems the automatic view switch that normally happens when you load a part isn't recorded by the macro, and/or there's a timing issue.  Inserting this line into my old macros immediately after part load fixed it:

MENU, 0, UG_APP_MODELING UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR <RibbonFileBar->BackStageBar->RightBackStageGroup->NX_BAR_START_APPLICATIONS> ## !

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

D'oh! For some reason, this stopped working for me.  I also tried the hotkey version:

MENU, 0, UG_APP_MODELING UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR <Ctrl M> ## !

... but no dice.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I've reported this to GTAC, and they've created a PR for it and apparently reproduced it on their end:
https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=macro&file_type=t...