Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

update StringBlock value with each keystroke

Hello all, i am using string block of BlockStyler in my program and i face a problem that i can't chage the value of the string block without pressing enter or tab or select another field. i need to change the value with each key stroke so the user can see the change on NX simultaneuosly as he types in the string field. thanks in advance
6 REPLIES

Re: update StringBlock value with each keystroke

I think that is probably working as designed.  The update callback is not triggered on every keystroke - and as you can imagine, there are many applications where this is the desired behavior.

yes of course, but you can find the exact behavior if you create Annotation->Note. You can write in the text field and the Note is updated simultaneously with each key stroke.

That's true!  I don't know what we are using for that.  I wonder if it is some other kind of block that has not been exposed in the Styler.

Please log an IR with GTAC, and we will try to find out if there is any way to do this using the exposed methods.  If not, we can always submit an Enhancement Request.

Thanks!

Many GUIs have a "value changed" type of callback.  I don't see this in block styler (although I did not do a thorough search)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I thought there was a ER for this, but I can not find it in my records. I had asked about this functionality at PLM World 2014 in Orlando. If you find the original ER or create another, please post it in this thread. I have several programs that I use winforms because of this issue.

Hello all,

I was also having a problem quite similar to your described problem.

One solution I found via google was to implement a Keyboard hook class which "listens" to your keyboard keystrokes. With that you can check with every keystroke that is registered if your string block is in focus and then do something.

The following link is where I got this from:

Keyboard hook class

regards,

Martin