Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Corner treatment

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

it's possible to obtain the same result like if I use contour flange with multi flange like the image attached ?

Actually I use 'Bend Taper' feature, but it's not parametric without expression, if I change the ramp.

corner treatment.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

3 REPLIES

Re: Corner treatment

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

That is similar to your other question about mitering - I am following up on that.

I would say though, we try not to duplicate functionality.  If it can already be done using contour flange is there a good reason to want the same behviour in multiple commands?  (Is this about Inset for Contour Flange?)

thanks

Dave

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Dave_Walker,

you talk about functionality, I talk about option inside the command. If you talk about duplicate functionality, the new NX12 multi flange, go near to the contour flange.

Contour flange is a command used when you need to create a special profile that follow tangent curve, but used less.

Flange is the 80% sheet metal command used in the construct of sheet metal part and I think need to cover all possible situations.

Flange doesn't need to construct sketch, it's a simple and powerfull command.

Another info, NX has Parasolid as kernel engine, like Solid Edge and SolidWorks and the have covered this situation from years ago.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@cubalibre00

Thankyou for sharing your knowledge about sheet metal.  I can assure you the team at Siemens are working tirelessly to provide an application that meets the requirements of everybody.  Priorities must be set and that means some functionality must wait for a future release.

Highlighted

Corner treatment

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

it's possible to obtain the same result like if I use contour flange with multi flange like the image attached ?

Actually I use 'Bend Taper' feature, but it's not parametric without expression, if I change the ramp.

corner treatment.png

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)