Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flat pattern creation, properties, intelligence and export as datasets to TC

PLM World Member Dreamer PLM World Member Dreamer
PLM World Member Dreamer

Ok. Here goes when many say what I think and how we currently act...

As is in NX10:

1. click a nxopen button that starts a wizard for flat pattern "operations"

2 .custom UI is presented with selection for face and X-vector- If x edge does not exist, user can cancel the x-direction.

3. program shows the flat pattern with all chracteristics needed for export as TC properties. These are s=, xmax, ymax, area, no of bends, overall cut lenght including all cut openings, and no. of starts. These are used in cost calculations and discussions with vendors. these characteristics are calculated with custom code.

4. if satisfactory result, then user can either discard or continue to export dxf as a dataset to TC. This is done using NX export dxfdwg functionality combined with a custom library that takes the dxf file to OS folder, moves it to a server side shared folder where TC polls it, moves it under the correct item,rev and  creates a dxf dataset.

This process uses custom code in all steps. All things we have customized exist in most companies I know that use NX. requirement are general in nature and in no way company specific.

What would be needed from NX to better support this

- a native NX library to support dxf/dwg/trumpf dataset export under item revision. (could be a TCIN topic but as pdf already has this feature it should not be hard to copy the mechanism...) The solution we have that is outside of NX and TC FSC/FMS it giving us pain with Brazilian and Indian users because of latency. They do not have problems with pdf exports because that uses native file caching and compression while storing it to TC as a dataset.

- for example Harvest Trumpf code that calculates the neded characteristics. most are there when looking into the exported trumpf file. Documentation is in German so i have some issues with that...)Target would be to have all information available in the NX part. Could use customer defaults to control storing and generation. Then have flat pattern export read these properties from the NX part. 

- x-direction in FP generation (either force all flat patterns to use "2d mode" that export dxfdwg export already does or like suggested have a dialog that has more options. 

- More Features recognized in FP properties. For example holes. I will post more from this topic. separately.

Highlighted

Flat pattern creation, properties, intelligence and export as datasets to TC

PLM World Member Dreamer PLM World Member Dreamer
PLM World Member Dreamer

Ok. Here goes when many say what I think and how we currently act...

As is in NX10:

1. click a nxopen button that starts a wizard for flat pattern "operations"

2 .custom UI is presented with selection for face and X-vector- If x edge does not exist, user can cancel the x-direction.

3. program shows the flat pattern with all chracteristics needed for export as TC properties. These are s=, xmax, ymax, area, no of bends, overall cut lenght including all cut openings, and no. of starts. These are used in cost calculations and discussions with vendors. these characteristics are calculated with custom code.

4. if satisfactory result, then user can either discard or continue to export dxf as a dataset to TC. This is done using NX export dxfdwg functionality combined with a custom library that takes the dxf file to OS folder, moves it to a server side shared folder where TC polls it, moves it under the correct item,rev and  creates a dxf dataset.

This process uses custom code in all steps. All things we have customized exist in most companies I know that use NX. requirement are general in nature and in no way company specific.

What would be needed from NX to better support this

- a native NX library to support dxf/dwg/trumpf dataset export under item revision. (could be a TCIN topic but as pdf already has this feature it should not be hard to copy the mechanism...) The solution we have that is outside of NX and TC FSC/FMS it giving us pain with Brazilian and Indian users because of latency. They do not have problems with pdf exports because that uses native file caching and compression while storing it to TC as a dataset.

- for example Harvest Trumpf code that calculates the neded characteristics. most are there when looking into the exported trumpf file. Documentation is in German so i have some issues with that...)Target would be to have all information available in the NX part. Could use customer defaults to control storing and generation. Then have flat pattern export read these properties from the NX part. 

- x-direction in FP generation (either force all flat patterns to use "2d mode" that export dxfdwg export already does or like suggested have a dialog that has more options. 

- More Features recognized in FP properties. For example holes. I will post more from this topic. separately.

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)