Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flat pattern on imported or modelled

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I found difference in the flat pattern calculation from the same file, one imported and other modelled identical. It's possible ?

For me the flat pattern must be the same.

If flat pattern on imported parts doesn't use Material selection->BendTable, the flat pattern on imported parts will not be never correct.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

4 REPLIES

Re: Flat pattern on imported or modelled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry, I don't get it. Could you post a (simplified) example?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For us, this is usually a discrepancy in the original model/flat pattern. Most times it turns out to be a discrepancy from the 2d drawing documented bend radius, k factor, material values etc. vs. actual original modeled values used . My advice - validate your original flat pattern/model was calculated using the same values you are attempting to match it with.

Good luck

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @cubalibre00

I have tested both NX11.0.2 and NX12 and both seem to honour the bend table settings.

This is how I validated the results:

1. Create a tab and flangein sheet metal of known values (I used 3mm thk and bend radius of 5mm)
  2. Change to modeling and remove all feature parameters (Edit-->Feature-->Remover Parameters)
    This makes the body a non-sheet metal part.
  3. Now go back to sheet metal and set part properties to read the bend table
  4. Run convert to sheet metal

Now check the neutral factor is correct.

In NX11 I have some internal tools to do this and can confirm the converted body is reading the correct values from the bend table for given radius and angle.

You can check this in NX12 beta ( I believe you have this access) using the visual reporting tools.

Let me know how you get on.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

attached files.

Thank you...

Highlighted

Flat pattern on imported or modelled

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I found difference in the flat pattern calculation from the same file, one imported and other modelled identical. It's possible ?

For me the flat pattern must be the same.

If flat pattern on imported parts doesn't use Material selection->BendTable, the flat pattern on imported parts will not be never correct.

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (63)