Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hole created by solid punch or drown cutout

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

holes in sheet metal can be created by laser machine or by solid punch or drown cutout feature.

It's clear that flat pattern must obmit curves created by solid punch or drown cutout. I try to obtain this hidden unchecking interior feature in the flat pattern setting, but holes reamin.

Apart hide manually those holes, exist and automatic setting to hide solid punch or drown cutout feature ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Hole created by solid punch or drown cutout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

uncheck the Interiour Feature is not enough, I believe you haven't unchecked Interiour Cutouts.

In NX 12 there is the option to substitute small holes depending on size by centermarks.

But maybe I misunderstood something, then a part or screenshot should be posted.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Thomas_K,

I can't uncheck Interiour Cutouts because all internl cutouts become hidden.

Thank you...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, now I get it. You want to hide only certain holes/cutouts.

Workaround: Create a Flat Solid instead of a Flat Pattern. "Manipulate" the FS (close these holes which you don't want to be displayed) and create a FP from the FS.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi 

Body_WithoutFeatures.JPGBody_WithoutUndesirtedFeaturesBody_WithFeatures.JPGBody_WithDesiredFeaturesFlatPattern_Curves.JPG

Phenom
Phenom
Hi to all,
thank you for the support.
Create extra body need to be manipulated in the reference set.
To attend NX 1849 or different number :-), I hide extra hole in the flat pattern.
Thank you...

Highlighted

Hole created by solid punch or drown cutout

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

holes in sheet metal can be created by laser machine or by solid punch or drown cutout feature.

It's clear that flat pattern must obmit curves created by solid punch or drown cutout. I try to obtain this hidden unchecking interior feature in the flat pattern setting, but holes reamin.

Apart hide manually those holes, exist and automatic setting to hide solid punch or drown cutout feature ?

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (80)