Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX12 Beta - Cypress

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi all,

It was great to meet you all at Beta last week and put faces to names.  The input we received is appreciated throughout the whole team and look forward to continuing to work with you.

20170505_123412.jpgMike Shields, Thomas Koerner, Ryan Gudorf, Nicolas Hamilton, Frank Huysmans, Dave Walker, Amol Badgujar

I have one small request.  Any Material and Bend table files you created last week would be a valuable resource for our learning and testing.  It would be great to have copies, so if you agree to share, then please send them to me by email at walker.david@siemens.com.

Thanks to you all,

Dave

8 REPLIES

Re: NX12 Beta - Cypress

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

e-mail sent.

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Dave,

I knew that was going to be an involved evaluation and since Frank and Mike were knee deep in it, I decided not to test it and wait until I had more time back at the office. So I will try to do so soon, but I will probably be asking help from all of you in regards to how it works. I know it could be slightly confusing depending on the route you choose to go.

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Gears Legend

How big are chances that the Material Table will be split up in different tables?

I'm thinking we might have a similarity to the PAX file for "file open"

e.g. ugs_model_templates.pax creates a tab "model"

To create our own tab in "file open" there is a naming convention that the file needs to start with ugs_... and ends with ..._templates.pax. This way NX knows it will use those pax files too for the "file open" dialog box.

We might also do a similar thing using a PAX method; make pointers in the original material_table file that will look for the custom bend table files.

Those secondary tables can then be much cleaner contentwise and easier (read more successful) to convert back and forth to csv-excel.

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
on Win7 64bit

Siemens Phenom
Hi Frank,
In all honesty for NX12.0.0 it is unlikely to change but I will ask.

Gears Legend

The reason for asking is mainly because of the complexity of the file format as it is.

I'm just thinking that pulled apart material table / bend tables will create a better overview for new adopters.

I'm also imagining GTAC engineers having to understand this, and the need to having to explain the workflows to the end user... that's going to be quit something to pull of...

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
on Win7 64bit

Siemens Phenom
As we discussed in Cypress, there's some work to do on usability. I discussed this with the development manager and we are going to work hard on TDOC in this area.

Creator
Creator

Hi Dave,

that's nice to hear!

But what is "TDOC"? - Training Document?

Do you have already the pic of us in front of the door?

For the other topics we've discussed where I wanted to open ERs - these are currently on the way.

Thomas

Siemens Phenom
Sorry, TDOC is the Help files and any additional knowledge we supply. Not got the pic yet either, will post it as soon as I have it.
Highlighted

NX12 Beta - Cypress

Siemens Phenom

Hi all,

It was great to meet you all at Beta last week and put faces to names.  The input we received is appreciated throughout the whole team and look forward to continuing to work with you.

20170505_123412.jpgMike Shields, Thomas Koerner, Ryan Gudorf, Nicolas Hamilton, Frank Huysmans, Dave Walker, Amol Badgujar

I have one small request.  Any Material and Bend table files you created last week would be a valuable resource for our learning and testing.  It would be great to have copies, so if you agree to share, then please send them to me by email at walker.david@siemens.com.

Thanks to you all,

Dave

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (80)