Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX12 IP22 Beta available

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi all,

I believe IP22 was made available to you for testing.  Please take a look as there are some key improvements and fixes now implemented.  The significant items are:

1. Flange - now has miter toggle (in a new geometry properties group) that enables miter control within a single set.
    (note: the alert generated when progressing to a second list item still remains - it will be solved in a later build)
    smflange.jpg2017-07-12 09_01_03-.jpg
  2. Material and Bend Table now supports Bend Allowance and Bend Deduction when using tool tables
    (note: I've not personally tested this yet)
    2017-07-12 08_59_40-Clipboard.jpg
  3. Tab - The 'next step' (MMB) progression through the dialog has been improved
    (saves returning to dialog for additional multi-bend refeerence selection)
    2017-07-12 09_03_21-Clipboard.jpg
  4. Tab - The bend center and tangent lines are now correctly placed in the sketch view
    2017-07-12 09_04_49-NX 12.0.0.22 - Sketch.jpg

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

thanks,

Dave

9 REPLIES

Re: NX12 IP22 Beta available

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Dave_Walker,

miter without gap option can be used only on tick thickness.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00

Can you explain 'tick thickness'?  I'm not sure what you mean.

thanks

Dave

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Dave_Walker,

what serve miter gap ? it serve to guarantee that during the creation flange, the adjacent flange doesn't overly. With tick thickness, during the closing, thickness flange can deform itself to become at zero distance.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

@cubalibre00

Not sure that describes tick thickness.  Do you mean the gap option that is in Closed Corner command?

2017-07-13 08_20_34-NX 12.0.0.23 - Sheet Metal.jpg

A picture may help me understand - apologies for not following you directly.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Dave_Walker,

yes, I mean the gap option in Closed Corner command. 

Thank you...

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Dave!

I finally had a chance to download, install and play with 22 for a little bit. So far nice enhancements, especially the miter option for flanges. However I do concurr with cubalibre00 on having the gap fucntionality at some point. Although we know we can get there with another command.

No real time at the moment to play with the material table unfortuntaly. I need to have Frank or someone bring me up to speed on that so we can test it in the near future. But it sounds like significant progress has been made since Cypress.

So far still the BEST NX Sheet Metal release I've seen to date!

Good on you, Tony and the team,

Have a good week,

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Siemens Phenom

@RGudorf wrote:

...especially the miter option for flanges. However I do concurr with cubalibre00 on having the gap fucntionality at some point. Although we know we can get there with another command.

@RGudorf@cubalibre00 we had to make a decision between giving everything in one place and command duplication.  I think we got the miter option in however was not even a requirement!.  Further closed corner options like treatment shapes and gap was considered too much duplication.  Closed Corner gives the required function in a separate feature and we already have some work to do with improving that command on its own.

So we don't intend to enhance the corner options much further in Flange, please conitnue to use Closed Corner.

thanks for the positive feedback @RGudorf.

Dave

NX12 IP26 Beta available

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This week IP26 was published for Beta Testers. Is there any overview what has been changed during the last Phases?

For IP22: I've seen and appreciate the Miter toggle for Multi Flange. Additionally I've seen that under Insert/ Design Feature the old Unigraphics stuff finally disappeared! Smiley Happy

For IP26: I checked my main use cases so far, but didn't discover anything new in Sheet Metal.

Re: NX12 IP26 Beta available

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Thomas_K,

There have not been any significant changes since IP22 for sheet metal other than the flange changes you mentioned.  The work has been mainly focussed on consistency and quality for the new functionality.

thanks,

Dave

Highlighted

NX12 IP22 Beta available

Siemens Phenom

Hi all,

I believe IP22 was made available to you for testing.  Please take a look as there are some key improvements and fixes now implemented.  The significant items are:

1. Flange - now has miter toggle (in a new geometry properties group) that enables miter control within a single set.
    (note: the alert generated when progressing to a second list item still remains - it will be solved in a later build)
    smflange.jpg2017-07-12 09_01_03-.jpg
  2. Material and Bend Table now supports Bend Allowance and Bend Deduction when using tool tables
    (note: I've not personally tested this yet)
    2017-07-12 08_59_40-Clipboard.jpg
  3. Tab - The 'next step' (MMB) progression through the dialog has been improved
    (saves returning to dialog for additional multi-bend refeerence selection)
    2017-07-12 09_03_21-Clipboard.jpg
  4. Tab - The bend center and tangent lines are now correctly placed in the sketch view
    2017-07-12 09_04_49-NX 12.0.0.22 - Sketch.jpg

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

thanks,

Dave

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)