Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Outer mold and inner mold line

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

each time I add the flat pattern view, outer mold and inner mold line are present.

In the customer default and in the drawing template are unchecked, then how can I avoid to be present on flat pattern view add ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

3 REPLIES

Re: Outer mold and inner mold line

Creator
Creator

Hi @cubalibre00,

I don't have the IML/OML in a FP view :-)

Where exactly do you change the settings? Take a look into Customer Defaults: Drafting/Flat Pattern View/ Lines

not Sheet Metal/ Flat Pattern/ Curves

Both are independent for FP and the FP views in drawings.

BR

Thomas 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

Is this on a drawing?  If so the flat pattern display options are separate from sheet metal preferences as @bshkoerner explains.  Can you provide infor about the data - is it created in NX11 or are you opening legacy files that include flat patterns?

Some important things to note:

1. IML and OML historically have not been created on anything other than advanced flange before NX11.  From NX11 they are shown for many more features.
  2. By default the setting to display them has always been on - so now when you create a flat pattern, the lines are shown by default and need to be turned off if you do not want to see them.
  3. While editing legacy (Pre NX11) Flat Pattern features, an option is provided to generate OML and IML. This toggle option will not be available on the dialog after you update the feature by turning ON the toggle to generate OML and IML and commits the feature.

Dave

Phenom
Phenom
Hi to all,
thank you for the support.
I've found the problem, a journal with inside some old drawing preferences.
Thank you...

Highlighted

Outer mold and inner mold line

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

each time I add the flat pattern view, outer mold and inner mold line are present.

In the customer default and in the drawing template are unchecked, then how can I avoid to be present on flat pattern view add ?

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (80)