Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Relief on bend

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

our company produce sheet metal parts also with big thickness. The problem is that on big thickness, starting from 4 mm, bends deforms. To avoid deformations, we relief in the bend like the image:

deform bend.pngMy colleagues use different method, but I ask to you an idea to automatize in a simple manner, also with reuse library or e simple extrusion.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Relief on bend

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Hi Cuba Libre,

This question also came from shipbuilding companies.

Our new Product Manager Tony knows this workaround.

We sometimes do this workaround too. See below.

BTW this reminds me of an earlier question of mine during beta; Imagine if all head surfaces of bend zones would have disjoint faces. This would make an Synchronous "Offset Region" of that bend zone possible; just click the face with a negative setback and finished.

We usually use a somewhat different solution than yours, it just depends on the needs. We use a smoother version.

a split face can allow an easy "offset region":

2017-06-27_04.gifBend End Relief "Rectangular"

2017-06-27_06.gifBend end relief "Mitered"2017-06-27_05.gifBend end relief "Mitered"

Greetings,

Frank

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @frank_nx,

I'm here because I'm using a different approach respect to my colleagues and for this reason I'm looking for the best simple and rapid solution.

Thank you...

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Hi Cubalibre00,

I'm actually very glad you mentioned it; I would like to see a feature for this too. It would even be meaningful for extending a bend zone; if a bend product doesn't allow external deformations one could want some excess material at the bend ends so that they can be machined off after the bend operation.

That's where the flat pattern with time stamp will come in very handy.

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00@frank_nx,

I have recently reviewed EVERY ER we have in our system and - although I'm aware of this requirement - I do not find a single ER requesting it.

If you would like to raise an ER for this, we can consider it each time we review ERs during our planning cycle.

thanks,

Dave

Phenom
Phenom

@frank_nx,

can you open the ER, my English it's not so good.

Thank you...

Highlighted

Relief on bend

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

our company produce sheet metal parts also with big thickness. The problem is that on big thickness, starting from 4 mm, bends deforms. To avoid deformations, we relief in the bend like the image:

deform bend.pngMy colleagues use different method, but I ask to you an idea to automatize in a simple manner, also with reuse library or e simple extrusion.

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (80)