Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sheet Metal Thickness

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Dave,

I'm posting a link to a new video from Trumpf just to show a better, close up view of the forming process. The video is about the issues press brake operators face due to inconsistent material thickness in parts. Trumpf have an answer to this problem, but most people don't have machines that are this "smart". We surely don't.

Material does very greatly between suppliers, in the delivered stack of sheet metal and even throughout the same sheet. Making close tolerance work a challenge. But that's not a problem I think NX can solve.

So please share this with your team if they would like to see a close up view of the bending process and it's challenges.

Thanks,

Ryan

https://youtu.be/Yvu90w-zlOA

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200
1 REPLY

Re: Sheet Metal Thickness

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the input. Yes of course I don't think it's something we can't factor for in NX. I'll pass on the link

cheers

Dave
Highlighted

Sheet Metal Thickness

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Dave,

I'm posting a link to a new video from Trumpf just to show a better, close up view of the forming process. The video is about the issues press brake operators face due to inconsistent material thickness in parts. Trumpf have an answer to this problem, but most people don't have machines that are this "smart". We surely don't.

Material does very greatly between suppliers, in the delivered stack of sheet metal and even throughout the same sheet. Making close tolerance work a challenge. But that's not a problem I think NX can solve.

So please share this with your team if they would like to see a close up view of the bending process and it's challenges.

Thanks,

Ryan

https://youtu.be/Yvu90w-zlOA

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200
NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)