Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sheet metal preferences

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

we have switch from NX 10 to NX 11 and now when I control or I put flat pattern in a view I see two line more, indicated in the image attached. Before to deselect in the customer default and in all drafting templates I would like to understand what they serve.Sheet Metal preferences.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

4 REPLIES

Re: Sheet metal preferences

Visionary
Visionary

Hi Cubralibre,

but these linetypes are already in NX 10 present. If you don't need them - ignore them :-) So do we...

I agree these things are not (good) explained in help. You can take a look in explanation for the Bend command https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help#uid:xid1128417:index_nx_sheet_metal:i...

The pictures there could be better. But maybe if you see them, read the text and you play with it, you will get an idea.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Ho @cubalibre00

If you do not understand the purpose of inner (IML) and outer mold lines (OML; sometimes referred to as heal line) then you can ignore them.  They are generally used in aerospace applications.

The reason they have appeared in NX11 is because we enhanced NX sheet metal to add them for every bend (rather than just advanced features).  They were turned ON by default before NX11 so when you open a part with a flat pattern created before NX11 you will see an extra toggle in Settings 'Generate OML and IML; just turn this off.

I hope that helps.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Does this help?

2017-09-11 14_25_29-Clipboard.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

Thank you Dave and all for the clarification and support.

Thank you...

Highlighted

Sheet metal preferences

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

we have switch from NX 10 to NX 11 and now when I control or I put flat pattern in a view I see two line more, indicated in the image attached. Before to deselect in the customer default and in all drafting templates I would like to understand what they serve.Sheet Metal preferences.png

Thank you...

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (55)
User Rank
Enthusiast
Siemens Dreamer
Dreamer
Creator
Enthusiast
Theorist
Solution Partner Dreamer
Dreamer
Dreamer
Dreamer